this morning i have some musings. it's nothing incredible, but something i like.
So i found this on chase jarvis' blog and i just love it. he says it's 7 creative habits, but i'm pretty sure it's a good 7 rules for life. please, enjoy them:
1. Get into adventures. Instead of saying no, say yes. Whether it’s agreeing going to the South China Sea or to Sundance festival or the grocery store.
2. Devour popular culture. Examine the work of other artists, movies, books, magazines, the interwebs.
3. Take pictures of things. I photograph things I see in the world that inspire me and use them for reference.
4. Scribble ideas. On a notepad, ipad, or whatever.
5. Share your ideas with others. Better ideas often come from a conversation. Give and receive. It’s a dialectic.
6. Ask Questions. Lots of other people know more than you do.
7. Listen. Try to listen carefully. When other people talk, you should listen. Ideas are everywhere.
i told you they were sage advice.
spent the weekend in e-ville on my first visit there with the awesome chelsea sanders helping her out. it was lovely and i just haven't done enough things for me like that lately. it was just what i needed!!! we also went a run that was further than i have been going. so so so cleansing!
also, i realized that i have, disturbingly enough, missed 3 race weekends in a row. that hasn't happened in... ever? oh NO. lexington OVCX next sunday, here I come! long drives for a good cause.
i saw "the social network" friday as well.
i was checking my facebook WHILE watching the movie, and the first thing i had the impulse to do upon leaving the movie was to update my facebook status.
you know you've changed the world when...!
i'm working on great things for YSB also today. I'm creating a "logging 101" to help people figure out logging and stuff during school time today while the kiddos are doing quiet projects.